Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work Review

Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work Review
I loved this book. I rank it right up there with another book on the subject I like very much: The Web-Savvy Writer (ISBN: 0977830403). What I liked so much about this book is how it tells the authors' story of how they themselves moved their business online. One of the authors is a writer and the other is an IT professional. They earn their livelihood online for the most part and they have shared how they made the move to self-employment using their Internet connection and Web hosting.
The book cuts through most of the hype most authors write about concerning Web sites. And from page one on the authors build rapport with the reader and you learn to trust just about every word they say. Since I use Frontpage to build Web pages, and the authors advise against using it, I don't buy into all their advice. But I can see where they are coming from, even though I don't agree with their point of view. The book has the following six chapters and a glossary:
1. Introduction
2. Creating Your First Site
3. Getting Your Site Online
4. Promoting Your Site
5. Creating an eCommerce Site
6. Business Operations and Practices
I would have liked the book better if it had covered as much on graphics programs as it did on WYSIWYG Web page programs. When I first started designing and building Web sites back in 1998 I found Frontpage to be very easy to use in building sites. The hardest part learning that program was figuring out how to use it so I didn't need Frontpage Extensions on the Web servers I used. That wasn't so difficult. However, I was not very skilled at using graphics software: Image Composer, Photopaint, Paintshop, and finally Photoshop. Graphic files are VERY important when trying to make your Web site attractive to surfers. And I think it would have been nice if the authors had said just a little bit more about the subject than they did.
I also enjoyed reading that the authors self publish this book using Print on Demand (POD) technology. Somewhat recently I read a book that explains how to do that economically. If you are interested, then take a look at Aiming at Amazon (ISBN: 093849743X). All in all, this is a great book for any entrepreneur to read and devour. 5 stars!Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work OverviewIf you've thought about starting an online business or augmenting your existing business with an online presence, you've probably been assaulted by hype. Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work cuts through the clutter with the proven strategies and techniques you need toknow to earn a decent income online.It's like having your own ecommerce consultant right by your side, explaining things in straightforward terms, without a lot of "geek speak."The advice is based on the authors' real-world experience in advising clients, creating Web sites, and operating their own online businesses since 1997.

Want to learn more information about Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites That Work?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment